Click "Follow" up above, on the little bar, to receive more updates on my insignificant time here on Earth. It will be greatly appreciated. And since you took time out of your day to visit my little blog, I think you're pretty amazing.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Paragraph Spacing is Weird.

"4 AM, The approximate point in time, not during normal human waking hours, at which the mind becomes most responsive and flexible in stimulus response, facilitating clear expression of ideas. Increased activity of dopamine at 4 AM seems to be related to positive mood and abstract thinking, possibly leading to higher motivation. This might also be related to why food tastes better, on average, at 4 AM. Considered by leading scientists to be the best time for coherent and creative communication (Casoria, 2010)."


Thank you, Wikipedia. 


So it's pretty late. Or early, depending on perspective. I went to sleep at 8 and woke up at 3, and I've been killing time. Not much is...happening to be honest. If I were  a super exciting person, I would be doing something to better myself and the lives of others... I'm sitting in Hallway again. And I didn't use an article, because the capitalization of "hallway" denotes that I consider that to be a significant area. I would use "the" but for me, it's like saying, "I'm sitting in America again." Refer to the Wikiquote for answers to your questions concerning my mental state. I don't know, it really sounds like it works out....sitting in Hallway. 


Can I show you South African rap? It's crazy. In a good way. Lately, I have been trying to expand my music taste. Although it varied quite a bit, it has started to limit itself to Bruno Mars. Don't get me wrong, I love his music. And that is one thing I am not afraid to "love." (I usually hold back on using the word in that manner) But now it's like it's being shoved in my face. Everything is wonderful. Just not when it's being shoved in my face. You can't enjoy, you just try to avoid it from then on. So...Bruno Mars... to South African rap. 


What about Russian rap? Have you heard of Russian rap? Can I show you this? It's even crazier. I came across this by stalking the personal life of two guys who went to my old school. They are not Russian. But who says you have to be Russian to enjoy Russian rap. For me, Russian rap equates to SunChips. At first, I didn't like it and I had a salty taste in my mouth when I listened to it. Yet, after a few more attempts, I consider myself a moderate consumer of the wonderful healthy alternative to potato chips/ American music. I don't mean to say American music is unhealthy. 


It's like eating too much bread. I'm not even going to explain how. But it's like that. My mother is one of those parents who play nothing but pop in their cars. And the thing about pop is...the times a song is played is presumably based on the requests of people to play it. Makes sense. But people like the same song at different times. So it gets suggested every hours. Bruno, Katy, P!nk, Avril, Usher, Bruno. The nerve of a radio station, the weight of the balls they must have in order to play Beloved Bruno again after only four other songs. It is clearly one of the problems that causes the degradation of our society and the derailment of our children's education. 


Alright, it's a minor thing, yes. But this little sequence is what moved me to start re-expanding my musical taste. This lead to the use of Pandora. And it's amazing and wonderful and you should definitely check it out if you have not had the opportunity to do so. Also, this involves harvesting social networks sites for videos my friends plant. Reddit helps, too, and you guys should also check it out. They have subreddits for anything...anything. 


Also, since I go to a school where self-expression is widespread, I've had so many people suggest music to me. I love it. Over the years, I've been introduced to a wonderful lovechild of rap and classical styles, ghetto Asian crunk has taken up chunks of my music library, my love of Disney songs has been renewed, and my "Favorites" on YouTube  is a stir-fry of lyrical seduction. I know it sounds like one huge advertisement for all of these sites, but I would like to share a bit of my entertainment life with you.  


Room for more? At 4:something in the morning, there's always room for more. You can choose to not view the official video. I don't quite get the concept, but it seems to be a bunch of naked women walking around in France. The store signs are backwards...or something like that. It's all censored, by the way! I understand that the majority of the readers are female so you would condone this sort of thing. Or not. But for the outliers...I hope you are alright with this. Anyway, it's French pop. It's the sort of thing I wouldn't mind walking to in France. Clothed. 


The best thing about listening to this sort of thing is that cursing flies by undetected by parents who aren't South African, Russia, and French. 


I'm going back to sleep now. I think I may be dreaming. It feels like a dream. Why am I up. Good morning, good night!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite part of the video is "I, I, I am your butterfly, I need your protection, be my samurai." And at 2:04 when a cat walks by in the background.
    Also the girl in that video reminds me of a friend of mine.
    I also like the Russian video, but I can't understand (or type out) what they're saying.
    In the French one, I like how the cars are like trying to get around them (or they're just staring at their asses) and I like how the last girl is walking so fast.
    I'm gonna suggest this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7b_FOjhhYg
    and http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Sumarnatta/2r6nKp?src=5
    that is all
    not really
    this too. http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/s/Durch+Den+Monsun/2utp6C?src=5
    okay that's it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and commenting :) :)

    ...:D For the first video...I will admit...I thought of David. It's really awkward. But I'm half-laughing, half-trying to cover up the awkwardness. :)
    OH MY GOSH, the second one (I'm guessing...mm, Indian? Am I wrong?) has the sooofffttestttt voice, my gosh. And the trilling thingy she does with the r's. Yes. Yesss.
    MONSOON? OH MY GOD. He sounds so freaking young, it's not even fathomable. I seriously can't believe t. I used to love them, no joke, but I strayed away, so I seriously thank you for bringing back the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah,I recall listening to South African rap at a while ago. Those were some good times, man.
    I've got to say, Russian rap was surprisingly cool.
    And I love Pandora radio. It's quite possibly the most amazing thing ever. Internet radio is utterly amazing.

    ReplyDelete