Click "Follow" up above, on the little bar, to receive more updates on my insignificant time here on Earth. It will be greatly appreciated. And since you took time out of your day to visit my little blog, I think you're pretty amazing.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Social Media Flirt

I'm just trying it out, I swear. It's a one-time thing, probably nothing serious, okay?

I made a tumblr. A Tumblr? A tumblr account? Yeah, that. I made one. Well, I made it a while ago, but I didn't know how to use it, so I stopped. But lately my favorite websites have been shitting on my doorstep, so I hopped back on. 

One of the reasons I didn't like it at first was the thought of reblogging. Eventually, I bitched up and decided that, yes, I am basically reusing someone else's ideas, but the combination of pictures and quotes I "copy" is still my own.

I never said I was any good at making sense. That's the theme of my life.

Speaking of which, I didn't like my initial layout. That contributed to my strong-willed period of avoidance. I was just being stupid and didn't want to find a new one. Now it's all purple and minimal. It reminds me of an art studio.

That's definitely what it is. Tumblr is an art studio. I'm becoming one of billions of emotionally-charged teenagers who spend hours on an online art studio.

My analogies don't even have that same amount of oomph as they used to. The noncreativity is getting to me.

Argh.

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH STALK STALK STALK!!
    I'm following you.
    What thinks you thus far? Besides the reblogging? The way I got over that was that I could see other people's creations, and put in my input, and see other people's ideas. And it's like we're all examining this stuff and analyzing it and getting new people's ideas (if you're following cool people.) Or you're finding stuff you never would have found, and you're sharing it with others. I have my moments of not liking it, but as a whole I feel like it's an easier way of gaining lots of information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One word: timesuck.

    Long answer: timesuck, wait, can't, homework. But pictures. And artsy quotes and typography. Where is my mind? Where is my mind, wheeere is my...time? And beautiful people and beautiful food. They cause knees to shake and grammar rules to just jump from a window. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was beautiful. You have changed my understanding of life as we know it. Mostly inside the terms of tumblr, but also outside of it. My world has shifted.

    ReplyDelete